Marvell and dmraid

Marcio Carneiro marcio.carneiro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:38:58 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have an Marvell 88SE6145 chip onboard, and with Garzik's patch (or
kernel 2.6.23) it worked with AHCI driver.

With a RAID 0 setup I tried dmraid 1.0.0.rc14 and it seems that the
raid metadata is in ddf1 format, but I got this:

# dmraid -r -f ddf1
/dev/sdc: ddf1, ".ddf1_disks", GROUP, ok, 625011376 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sdd: ddf1, ".ddf1_disks", GROUP, ok, 625011376 sectors, data@ 0

# dmraid -tay -f ddf1
ERROR: ddf1: cannot find virtual drive record on /dev/sdc
ERROR: ddf1: cannot find virtual drive record on /dev/sdd

I just found this message in ddf1.c.orig, not in ddf1.c, so I'm a bit
confused where to look in the code... :/

Does anybody have a tip?

Thanks in advance!

Márcio.