Adaptec HostRAID ddf1 on Supermicro X7DBR-i+

Andrew Peabody apeabody at systemsbiology.org
Tue Dec 18 22:25:13 UTC 2007

Hi Phillip,

We are experimenting with it for use on compute nodes, so fault tolerance
is not a big deal, currently we don't mirror drives on most of our nodes.
Right now smartd seems to be an acceptable way to identify underlying
drive failure for this particular application.  We could use linux
software raid, but prefer the idea of the fakeraid solution to ease kick
started PXE boot rebuilds across diverse hardware.

Thanks,

Andrew