RE: Intel ICH8R chipset

The ICH8R SATA RAID DeviceID is included in the AHCI driver that is in FC6.  As far as I know, there are no “ICH8R” specific changes needed in DMRAID.

I have found that FC6 will see and install to RAID0 or RAID1 ISW volumes created in the OROM.

Jason

From: ataraid-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:ataraid-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Rob Arends
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:51 AM
To: 'Fedora ATARAID-List'
Subject: Intel ICH8R chipset

Hi, Just looking around and it seems that the last update to DMRAID (rc13) was before the ICH8 series of chipsets were available.

Many mobos (mine included) have the ICH8R chipset and dmraid does not recognise the bios defined RAID set. (Installing fresh from FC6)

When is dmraid likely to support the ICH8 and would that happen to co-inside with the release of FC7??

Rob :-)