Re: dmraid & jmicron problems

On Monday 01 January 2007 21:44, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Leaving aside the Ubuntu specific ones I find that dmraid creates a block
> device with a very strange name - it appears to be a space padded field
> terminated with a ctrl-a - this makes it impossible to enter in fstab (I
> believe), although I can modify the partition table with fdisk.

Ooops.. I read the archives and find someone else has the same issue :)

I've attached the samples you requested to this email plus the output of dmesg
& lspci.

I have a Gigabyte GA-945G-DS3
(http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2403) -
the RAID is marked as "Gigabyte RAID" but I guess that's just a simple

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum