create metadata from DMRAID

Fang, Ying ying.fang at intel.com
Wed Jun 27 22:38:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm going to provide a function to create isw metadata and looking for a
better approach as I have two choices: add the function in dmraid or an
application running on top of dmraid. The pro of the former one is that
the function will be eventually included in dmraid and distributed by
RedHat while a stand along utility may not be maintained well in the
future. The con is the acceptance of my implementation as the current
source code hasn't set up much ground work on this function yet. I'm
concerned if I can fulfill the task in a month. I'm looking forward to
your advice.

Thanks,

Ying