Intel ICH8R chipset

Hall, Eric R eric.r.hall at intel.com
Thu Mar 1 06:13:13 UTC 2007

I agree.  BIOS hasn't a clue about the raid configuration.  But in
regards to md, couldn't an initrd be used to mount "/" on the raid from
the next disk from that raid?

Once md is loaded at initrd, you would then have access to the raid and
would be able to continue boot.  It'll be in degraded mode, but it
should boot.  (I could be very wrong though!)