isw device for volume broken after opensuse livecd boot

Hall, Eric R eric.r.hall at intel.com
Tue Oct 2 00:30:20 UTC 2007

Tiago -

The OpenSuSE 10.3 RC2 Livecd has way too many issues to even begin
trying to debug dmraid.  I was unable to get it to boot properly on any
of our ICH9 platforms.  The KIWI image loader manages to loose CD-ROM
drives that are attached to the system via SATA or USB.  It errors out
with "Failed to detect CD drive !"  Our platforms lack any PATA ports...
So I was unable to test with an old PATA cd-rom.  I'll see if I can get
the 10.3 RC2 livecd to boot from PXE, but I'm very doubtful that it will
work.

I would recommend using RC1 if you have to use OpenSuSE 10.3.

- Eric