Ataraid-list Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Fang, Ying ying.fang at intel.com
Thu Sep 27 16:16:24 UTC 2007

Hi Tiago,

I'd like to investigate why OROM misunderstood the ISW metadata written
by iMSM. From the below info, OROM failed to detect one hard drive in
the array.

Could you run "dmraid -b" and "dmraid -n" on your system? The first one
shows the current hard drive info and the latter displays the metadata
on disks. Those may give me a clue which hard drive caused the hiccup.

I try to repair your metadata if possible. Please wait for a short time.

Thanks,
Ying