isw device for volume broken after opensuse livecd boot

Tiago Freitas tiago.frt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:11:05 UTC 2007

I had a working Windows installation on the RAID0 volume, with 30Gb
free unpartitioned space to install linux, and a RAID1 volume with
data.

I booted the mandriva livecd to try it, and dmraid worked after
"dmraid -ay", I could access the raid volumes. Then I worked in ms
windows and everything was all right.

I then booted the opensuse livecd. As the installer did not recognize
my raid arrays directly, I did "dmraid -ay" in a root terminal, that
gave me the errors. I then rebooted and the intel raid bios said the
raid0 failed and the raid1 degraded, so it rebooted to repair and
finally said the disks were offline.