isw device for volume broken after opensuse livecd boot

Tiago Freitas tiago.frt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:58:58 UTC 2007

The third disk was already in but not part of the array, and I chose
it to rebuild in OROM bios. As I never did a rebuild before (the pc is
two weeks old and this is my first raid) I don't know how the process
is done.
Should I have chosen one of the array members to rebuild?

I have all the data backed up in an external disk, I just wanted to
help fix the bug in OROM because it's weird and may happen again. But
I can't wait too much time because I will need the pc up and running
soon.

The size difference is really weird too because both disks were
manufactured in Jully 2007 and have the exact same model...maybe
that's what triggered the failure?
I'm gonna test the disks in Hitachi Fitness tool to be sure they are good.