Support for multiple logical devices on single physical

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Mar 25 20:00:30 UTC 2008

I have an ATI SB600 based board with a couple of SATA drives attached.
They are different sizes (300G and 320G), so there are two logical
drives defined: a RAID1 mirror of the first 300G of both drives and a
"RAID0" of the remaining 20G of the second drive.  However, it looks
like dmraid only sees the first logical drive (so I can't use the
remaining 20G of the second for scratch space).

It appears the system is using Promise-style setup (device is
pdc_bacdae).

How can I use the 20G second logical drive?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>