Install problem w. RocketRaid 1720.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:22:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have installed two sata II disks via a RocketRaid 1720 controller. They run
Fedora 7 in a hardware raid1 configuration. I have experienced certain problems
wich seems to be related to kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7, see bugzilla issue 240982.

The driver from hightech only works with this kernel and the socalled open
source driver compiles with errors. This is too much of a pita so I would prefer
to skip the proprietary driver and run software raid1 instead.

First of all I would like to know if linux supports drivers for RocketRaid 1720?
Secondly, is it possible to convert the hardware raid1 to software raid1
(dmraid) without touching the already running OS? Or do I have to create a new
system from scratch?

--
Erik.