Checking support levels

Jonathan jonathanjstevens at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:46:33 UTC 2008

Thanks for that...

To confirm the RAID1 matters because RAID 10 is RAID 0 (stripe) over
RAID 1 (mirrors)?

I don't mind having to revert to BIOS for rebuild in the event of a hd
fault, but I wouldn't mind understanding a little more about the lack
of error handling.

Do you mean if one disk in the underlying mirror set fails that dmraid will
1) ignore and not notify
2) fall over in a big heap
3) notify, keep running but not rebuild
4) not handle inconsistencies without reversion to BIOS?