Regular RHES 5.2 update broke raid setup...

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Tue Nov 25 12:10:26 UTC 2008

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

>>> It is being worked on. Please watch for the rhn announcement.
>>>
>> OK. Is that a matter of hours, days, weeks?
>
> Days.

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0992.html

Already there! It is called -15 and seems to do well. I'll fix the
server tonight (CET) and report eventual issues here.

For the errata, I would recommend to add a line that people need to
recreate their initrd files to include the updated dmraid.static.

There is also a textual error in the text:

"An updated *crash* package that fixes a bug is now available."

>> OK. The man page states that -p is only for -ay. IMHO, -an -p should not
>> give any message when the raid set is only activated with -ay -p.
>
> Will think about it future releases.

OK. Thanks for the help!

P.S. Please note that rc15 still does not work properly for me. So the
fixes in rc13-15 need to go into rc15+ someday.

Bas.