Re: Dmraid development status - 1.0.0rc15?

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Thomas Backlund wrote:
Antti Mäkelä skrev:
   As with the 2.6.24 patch, I had to do a find/replace to replace all
instances of "dmraid4-5" to "dmraid45" since otherwise it complains
# dmraid -ay
ERROR: device-mapper target type "raid45" not in kernel

   Otherwise, seems to work.

That's weird...
I have never had to do that...

Are you using it built-in or as module ?

For my self-compiled kernel, built-in. This actually seemed *very* common problem, see e.g. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/220493/ (the comments actually helped me a lot when I tried getting Gentoo installed and Intel RAID5 going).

  Comment 5

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/220493/comments/8

happens to mention that there's been a rename of the module - device-mapper/dmraid/something is expecting dm-raid45 but module is dm-raid4-5.

Anyway, in the case of Ubuntu liveCD, I used the instructions in comment 16 to be able to mount my raid volumes - and in that case, the module name is dm-raid45, not 4-5.

--
- Antti