dmraid rebuild ability for intel isw and R1C5

Martin Diaz, Luis Luis.Martin at cepsa.com
Fri Apr 24 08:29:31 UTC 2009

Hello Jirka:

I had the same problem but my fakeraid card is a lsi-megaraid. I was talking with Mr. Heinz Mauelshagen who explained me the problem is at initrd and the anaconda team have to resolv the problem. So I have to rebuild the initrd and for to avoid futures problems I use a livecd distribution SystemRescueCD and reboot the system with it, even I have written a script for to do it.

VAR_NEW=`dmraid -r | egrep -m1 -o "lsi_[0-9a-zA-z]*"`
mkdir -p /tmp/initrd
cp -af /boot/initrd*img /tmp/initrd/
cd /tmp/initrd
VAR_NAME=`ls --color=none`
/bin/gzip -cd /tmp/initrd/initrd*img | /bin/cpio -idm
rm -f /tmp/initrd/initrd*img
VAR_OLD=`egrep -m 1 -o "lsi_[0-9a-zA-Z]*" /tmp/initrd/init`
echo "sed -e 's/$VAR_OLD/$VAR_NEW/g' init > init_new" | sh
install -m 700 -o root -g root  /tmp/initrd/init_new /tmp/initrd/init
rm -f /tmp/initrd/init_new
find . | cpio -H newc -o | gzip -9 > /tmp/${VAR_NAME}
install -m600 -o root -g root -b -S "_OLD" /tmp/${VAR_NAME} /boot/

And reboot the system

I wait be able to have helped him

Best regards

Luis Martín

+Este correo ha sido enviado por un Servicio Externo de la compañía CEPSA ESTACIONES DE SERVICIO .
Si ha recibido este correo electrónico por error, le informamos que puede contener información confidencial y que está prohibido su uso. Le rogamos lo comunique a su remitente y lo elimine.
Gracias por su colaboración.
If you receive this e-mail by error, please note that it may contain confidential information,
therefore, the use of this information is strictly forbidden.
Please inform the sender of the error and delete the information received.
Thank you for your collaboration.