Re: ATARAID format - a follow up question

Anthony Krishock wrote:
Hello all,

Based on the previous discussion, it sounds like if I have a RAID 0 array
that has a windows installation on it and suddenly the onboard RAID
controller (Or the motherboard its attached to) dies.. I haven't necessarily
lost the data, right? I could boot with a linux live CD that has dmraid, map
the array, mount the array and access my data?

Correct. You won't be able to boot the Windows installation, but you can use Linux to get your important data off.