dm-raid45 as add-on module on Fedora 11

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon Jun 22 11:27:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

The current dm-raid45 kernel patch needs to be applied to a kernel
source. What I would like to do is to run stock Fedora kernels with just
adding the dm-raid45 kernel module. Currently, this is not possible
because one needs exported symbols which are not available in the stock
kernel.

Would it be possible to have a solution for this?

The best solution would of course be to have Fedora 11 contain dm-raid45
support by default. As RHEL 5 has it already for some time, I would have
expected that FC11 would support it out of the box too.

Best Regards,

Bas.