Making the UUID more informative

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:08:18 UTC 2012

Philip,

In GParted I use the following command to return the dmraid device names:

     dmraid -sa -c

The above returns a list of device names only, and does not include the
partition entries.

For example if I run this command on my system with a single raid:

$ sudo dmraid -sa -c
isw_efjbbijhh_Vol0
$

The entry /dev/mapper/isw_efjbbijhh_Vol0 is the name of the device.

This device currently has a single partition on it.

$ ls -l /dev/mapper
total 0
crw------- 1 root root 10, 236 2012-01-10 08:55 control
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       7 2012-01-10 08:55 isw_efjbbijhh_Vol0 ->
../dm-0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       7 2012-01-10 08:55 isw_efjbbijhh_Vol0p1 ->
../dm-2
$

Hope that helps.

Regards,