Picking up development of dmraid

Mark-Willem Jansen markwillem at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:20:10 UTC 2012

Dear dmraid developers,

Sometime in this mail-list it was said that the program dmraid was in maintaining mode and not further developed anymore. In the meantime the dm-developement team has put out new dm-target, which can be used by the tool.

I would like to fork the latest RC and put on github, to continue developing the tool. I will give it a slightly new name, so people will not confuse it with the original. My plan is to add the support for new dm-targets and also implement more partition tables, starting with GPT.

I am not really good at generating new names, but here are some ideas.

dmraid-fbmw (forked by Mark-Willem)

dmraid-fu (follow-up)
dmraid-ext (extended version)

So my question which name you think is a good one for the forked?

And who can I connect if I have some questions about the tool.

Greetings,

Mark-Willem Jansen