Picking up development of dmraid

Danny Wood danwood76 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:08:28 UTC 2012

Hi Mark-Willem Jansen

You may want to speak with Phillip Susi of the Ubuntu Dmraid team.
He built a set of patches a long while ago that I don't think got
included in the stable dmraid.
He knows the ins and outs of dmraid and has spends a lot of time bug
fixing during Ubuntu release cycles.

I think the main reason that this project has died is because it is a
very niche market.
It's usually only used by the people who run a dual boot with Windows as
Mdadm is far superior for pure Linux installs.

Also GPT can already be used on top of dmraid, as far as I know you use
dmraid to initialise the block devs and kpartx to deal with partitions.

Good luck and best regards,
Danny