[augeas-devel] Was looknig at a php.aug

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 15:33:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 08:34 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> So.. I was going to look to add this into the thin crust ace tool. I
> have a simple php module which exposes apis to congigure php.ini. I went
> to do this, and noticed that the yumaug was exactly what I needed. What
> would you suggest as a best practice? Should I edit all but the
>

> let filter = (incl "/etc/php.ini") . Util.stdexcl
>
> into an ueber file, and then autoload that?

How different is that from yum.aug ? If that's the case, most of yum.aug
and php.aug should probably be factored into either the Util module or a
new Inifile module - the devil is of course in the small details, like
treatment of whitespace around values etc.

If it works though, and if you can write some tests (in
tests/test_php.aug) that show how it works, I'd be happy to merge it as
is, and leave the refactoring to another day.