[augeas-devel] ./configure problem

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 15:35:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 09:40 -0500, Kent Tenney wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> running ./configure in augeas-0.0.8, Ubuntu 7.10 gives
>
> configure: error: Could not find a working readline library

Yes, as Pablo suggests, you need to have readline-devel (not sure what
the equivalent on Ubuntu is, basically the header files and libraries to
build against readline) The other option is to fix the code to make
readline optional, but that's a little more work.

I'd love to see and hear what it takes to make Augeas work on Ubuntu -
so far I've only built it on Fedora and RHEL.