[augeas-devel] ./configure problem

Dean Wilson dean.wilson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:09:23 UTC 2008

On 18/04/2008, David Lutterkort <dlutter at redhat.com> wrote:
> Strange, I've never seen this error before. Are you building from the
>  released tarball or from a hg checkout ?

>From a tarball. I've been able to reproduce it on a fresh Debian
install (under vmware)

# fresh debian etch install

apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade
apt-get install build-essential
apt-get install libreadline5-dev libglib2.0-dev bison flex

mkdir augeas ; cd augeas
wget http://freshmeat.net/redir/augeas/74126/url_tgz/augeas-0.0.8.tar.gz

tar -zxvf augeas-0.0.8.tar.gz

cd augeas-0.0.8/
./configure

/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

>  If you can send me the logs of a "./configure && make" starting with a
>  clean slate, I can have another look.

I'll grab a copy and send it off list as it's a big chunk of text.

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson               http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand