[Puppet-dev] Re: [augeas-devel] Re: Augeas and Puppet

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 19:25:51 UTC 2008

Raphaël Pinson wrote:
<SNIP>

> For get, I'd expect to test the value of the node. For match, I'd expect
> to test the array of nodes returned, for example testing how many nodes
> matched the expression.
>
> e.g.
> If get returns no value, it means the value of the node is empty.
> If match returns no value, it means there is no such node.

I have updated the module [1] and it support the following onlyif syntax:

# onlyif syntax:
#   get [AUGEAS_PATH] [COMPARATOR] [STRING]
#   match [MATCH_PATH] size [COMPARATOR] [INT]
#   match [MATCH_PATH] include [STRING]
#   match [MATCH_PATH] == [AN_ARRAY]
#
# where
#   AUGEAS_PATH is a valid path scoped by the context
#   MATCH_PATH is a valid match syntax scoped by the context
#   COMPARATOR is in the set [> >= != == <= <]
#   STRING is a string
#   INT is a number
#   AN_ARRAY is in the form ['a string', 'another']

You can see the test script using this here[2].

Comments/critics welcome.

-- bk

[1] http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=ace.git;a=tree;f=modules/augeas;
[2]