[augeas-devel] ANNOUNCE: Augeas 0.3.5

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Dec 24 06:50:51 UTC 2008

I am pleased to announce the release of Augeas 0.3.5; if I were into
codenames this would be the 'I hope you are getting better presents than
this' release.

Tarball:          http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.3.5.tar.gz
GPG signature[1]: http://augeas.net/download/augeas-0.3.5.tar.gz.sig

RPM's for Fedora and EPEL are making their way through the build systems
and will be available shortly from the usual repos.

Detailed news:

  - add an option to rewrite files by overwriting their contents instead of
    putting the new file in place atomically with rename(2); file contents
    are only copied after rename fails with EXDEV or EBUSY, and only if the
    node /augeas/save/copy_if_rename_fails (fix #32)
  - saving of backup (.augsave) files now works even if the original and
    backup files are on different devices
  - major refactoring of how path expressions are handled internally. Fixes
    a number of bugs and oddities (e.g. tickets #7 and #23)
  - fix a bug in fa_as_regexp: a '.' wasn't escaped, ultimately leading to
    spurious errors from the typechecker
  - Lens chanes/additions
    * Group: process /etc/group (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Passwd: process /etc/passwd (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Phpvars: process files that set PHP variables, in particular
      /etc/squirrelmail/config.php (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Rsyncd: process /etc/rsyncd.conf (Marc Fournier)
    * Shellvars: process /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/debconf.cfg and
      /etc/cron-apt/config (Free Ekanayaka), load /etc/sysconfig/sendmail
    * Postfix: process postfix's main.cf and master.cf (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Squid: new lens for squid.conf (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Webmin: new lens (Free Ekanayaka)
    * Xinetd: make sure equal sign is surrounded by spaces (#30)
    * Sshd: change the structure of Condition subtrees (Dominique Dumont)

David

[1] To verify the signature, first download both the .sig file and the
corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify augeas-0.3.5.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys FC6E8A22

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.