[augeas-devel] ANNOUNCE: New Perl Bindings for Augeas (0.201)

Dominique Dumont dominique.dumont at hp.com
Tue Jul 1 16:27:44 UTC 2008

Hello

Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> writes:
> Why is there
> use 5.010000;
> This prevents using it on Fedora8 and RHEL5 which have Perl 5.8.8.
>
> /usr/local is hardcoded in few places:
>
> in lib/Config/Augeas.xs
> -#include </usr/local/include/augeas.h>
> +#include <augeas.h>
>
> and /usr/local/share/augeas/lenses/ in t/Config-Augeas*.t

I've fixed most of the issues above. The remaining hard coded paths in
test files are a work-around for Augeas 0.2.0 bugs. I would welcome a
new release of Augeas to be able to remove those hacks.

The Perl bindings now work with Augeas 0.2.0 on Rhel5 with perl 5.8.

Here's the full ChangeLog:

2008-07-01  Dominique Dumont  v0.201

	* t/Config-Augeas*.t: Documented work-around Augeas 0.2.0
	bugs. These work-around will be removed with next version of
	Augeas.

	* lib/Config/Augeas.pm: Can now work with Perl 5.8

	* lib/Config/Augeas.xs: Fixed C90 compiler warning found on Rhel5.
	Removed hardcoded path (Thanks Alan)

	* README: Updated

The new release is available on CPAN (or will be in a few hours).

All the best

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they