[augeas-devel] Augeas 0.20 on OSX

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 22:55:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 15:01 -0700, Rizwan Kassim wrote:
> ld: unknown option: --version-script=./augeas_sym.version
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libaugeas.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> ld on osx doesn't support --version-script.

I wouldn't want to just export any symbol from libaugeas.so (though to
test that the build goes through, you might want to just remove that
linker option)

The ld man page[1] indicates that -exported_symbols_list 'filename' does
something similar; can you try changing src/Makefile.am to pass that
option to the linker ?

The symbols you want to export from libaugeas are
      aug_init
      aug_close
      aug_get
      aug_set
      aug_insert
      aug_rm
      aug_ls
      aug_match
      aug_save
      aug_print
      __aug_load_module_file

i.e. what's listed as global in src/augeas_sym.version. Ideally, we'd
generate the OS/X file at configure time from augeas_sym.version. But
for now, a handcrafted file should be good enough.

David

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/ld.1.html