[augeas-devel] example for inline includes

Edward Muller emuller at engineyard.com
Wed Jun 25 20:52:13 UTC 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 10:26 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 09:49 -0700, Edward Muller wrote:
>> With that said, what is the plan for addressing the need to handle
>> include files for things like Apache and other similar programs that
>> use split up, directly, or indirectly included files?
>
> Right now, the list of files to look at is hard coded in the lens
> definitions (see for example the yum lens in yum.aug)
>
> The quickest way is probably to add an API call to process files
> manually, though conceptually I'd prefer if knowledge of where to find
> include files was built into the lens definitions.

The knowledge of where to find include files is usually specified in
the file that is including the files.

Using Apache as an example:

Include /etc/apache/vhosts/*.conf

/\ or similar is common, although not necessarily in RH ... But it's
been a while since I've seen RHs Apache setup. :-)

It would be naive to specify the Includes in the lens IMHO as each
distro/setup would have their own set of Includes.