[augeas-devel] Re: augeas on freebsd

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Thu May 22 17:38:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 14:08 +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
>  I epic failed my post to augeas dev list so i make you a copy there.

That is strange, what kind of errors did you get ?

>  I tried to install augeas on free bsd but i got:

> fa.c: In function `fa_compile':
> fa.c:2421: error: `REG_NOERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fa.c:2421: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> fa.c:2421: error: for each function it appears in.)
> fa.c: In function `parse_simple_exp':
> fa.c:2579: error: `REG_NOERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> *** Error code 1

I thought that that was a constant defined by the POSIX regexp
interface, but looking at the manpage, it seems to be a GNU extension.
To get things to build, you can just put this at the top of fa.c
somewhere:

  #ifndef REG_NOERROR
  #define REG_NOERROR 0
  #endif

but I need to start getting more serious about making the code more
portable.

You'll probably get more build failures after this, since I use the GNU
regex interface, not the POSIX one. Ugh.