[augeas-devel] The problem with python binding

makkalot at gmail.com makkalot at gmail.com
Sat May 24 11:46:26 UTC 2008

Hi again i downloaded the python binding but have some problems with
instalation and making it work properly ...

Firsty i tried to build it and got that error:

[makkalot at localhost python-augeas-0.1.0]$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-i686-2.5
copying augeas.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.5
running build_ext
building '_augeas' extension
swigging augeas.i to augeas_wrap.c
swig -python -Wall -I/usr/include/ -o augeas_wrap.c augeas.i
augeas.i:91: Error: Unable to find 'augeas.h'
error: command 'swig' failed with exit status 1

Then made this change here is the diff of setup py:

16c16
-                           swig_opts=['-Wall', '-I'+prefix+'/include/'],
+                          swig_opts=['-Wall', '-I'+prefix+'/local/include/'],

Then it was built and installed succesfully but i got some problems when
trying to make it run (the ipython output):

In [1]: import augeas
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/makkalot/Desktop/<ipython console> in <module>()

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/augeas.py in <module>()
     45 """
     46
---> 47 import _augeas
     48 import new
     49 new_instancemethod = new.instancemethod

ImportError: libaugeas.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

How can i solve the problem, thanks in advance ..