[augeas-devel] Problem with function save of python binding for augeas (need to save twice)

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 22:41:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 23:14 +0100, Louis Coilliot wrote:
> OS: Debian Etch
> Augeas:augeas-0.3.2

There's your problem right there: augeas-0.3.2 has a pretty silly bug in
save. I tried to fix that with augeas-0.3.3, which works better but has
a bug when you also create backup files (i.e. pass SAVE_BACKUP into
__init__) .. your best bet right now is either run against the latest
from git or go back to augeas-0.3.1

With the bug in augeas-0.3.2, saving will actually succeed, but the
Python binding will think it fails. (API breakage)

> By the way, FYI, I'm writing a func module using aug tools.

Awesome .. that will be a very nice addition and extremely useful to
func users.