[augeas-devel] ruby-augeas debian packages [Was: Augeas and Puppet]

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Tue Nov 18 17:44:34 UTC 2008

Hello,

> Neither your package nor mine build on etch and older ubuntus so I'm
> planning to make another package for these legacy distributions. Nothing
> worth being submited to debian, but I'll post to the list when I'm done.
> Maybe other people could need them too.

I've spent some time fiddling with this package and with only a couple of
small changes (Bart: patch attached) I was able to build it on debian etch,
lenny, sid as well as ubuntu gutsy, hardy and intrepid, for both i386 and
amd64.

As long as the ruby binding isn't available in these distributions,
debian/ubuntu users should be able to build the package by running the
following commands:

dget -u http://ppa.launchpad.net/mfournier/ubuntu/pool/main/liba/libaugeas-ruby/libaugeas-ruby_0.2.0-1.2.dsc
cd libaugeas-ruby-0.2.0/
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

NB: backporting the augeas library package is a prerequist on older
distributions. It can be done the same way, but using:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/augeas/augeas_0.3.4-1.dsc

Marc