[augeas-devel] Augeas save does not create directory when needed

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 11:48:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 12:22 +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Hello
>
> When saving a file (in this case /etc/ssh/sshd_config), augeas is able
> to create the sshd_file file, but not the ssh directory.
>
> Is that a feature or a bug ?

It's definitely a bug - what has kept me from fixing this is that I am
not sure what ownership/mode to set on such newly created directories.

The simplest would be to use teh current user/group and some default
permission like 0755, though that might be way too open. The issue is
logged as ticket #3 [1] - if you have any other suggestions, please add
them to the ticket.

David

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/3