[augeas-devel] Need help with logrotate lens enhancement

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 06:00:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 4:19 AM, Sean E. Millichamp <sean at bruenor.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 22:26 +0000, David Lutterkort wrote:
>
> > Ok .. the tests failed (grumble), but nothing major - I fixed them and
> > committed your patch.
>
> Okay, you'll have to explain to me what you did to show failing tests.
> I thought when I ran augparse on the lens it would run the tests in the
> test subdirectory?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't seeing any errors showing
> up here.  Sorry about that...

You have to run augparse twice.
 * 'augparse -I . logrotate.aug' tests the lens itself to make sure it
doesn't generate conflicts ('-I .' is used in case your lens depends on
local modifications of other lenses).
 * 'augparse -I. tests/test_logrotate.aug' launches the test file for
logrotate, using the lenses in the current directory (including the
logrotate.aug you just tested).

Usually, I do a few more tests using the -r option, like
 'augtool -I . -r fakeroot'
and playing a bit with files in the fakeroot directory.

Raphael