[augeas-devel] Lens and test for sysctl.conf

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 22:10:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 23:29 -0400, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:
> I wanted to try using augeas+puppet to manage my sysctl.conf files.  I
> couldn't find a pre-existing sysctl.conf lens so I borrowed heavily from
> the shellvars lens and tweaked as necessary.  Attached are the lens and
> test.  They have gotten only the most minimal review so far but seem to
> do what I need.

Cool .. thanks for sending this. I committed them with some minor
changes. The changes were for:

      * map comments as #comment nodes instead of just dropping them
      * values are any tokens after the '=' starting and ending with a
        non-whitespace character
      * allow additional whitespace around the '=' and before the key

Thanks a lot for sending this in (keep 'em coming),