[augeas-devel] Syslinux config file lens

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 01:49:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 11:30 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 03:57:32PM -0700, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 10:56 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > > Finally got it doing everything I want!  Basically, this lens just manages
> > > the configuration for the syslinux family of bootloaders.  I personally only
> > > use it for our boot servers' pxelinux configs, but the Internets assure me
> > > that the format is the same for all of them.
> >
> > Very nice. A few questions:
> >
> > Do you insist on GPL for these files ? Augeas is licensed under LGPLv2+.
> > I don't think there are any practical differences for a lens, but there
> > has been some confusion in the past about lenses under GPL, which I'd
> > like to avoid.
>
> I really don't like the LGPL (and think it would have been better if the
> whole of Augeas were released under the GPL) but in the interests of keeping
> things comprehensible, I'll keep everything LGPL.

Again, thanks for relicensing.

> New version attached.

One  more question: how about parsing the arguments of an append into
nodes where the label is the name of the argument and the value is the
arg value; i.e. parse a line like

        append initrd=initrd.img-rhel text ks=/kickstart.ks

into

        { "append"
          { "initrd" = "initrd.img-rhel" }
          { "text" }
          { "ks" = "/kickstart.ks" }
        }

That's much friendlier to interrogate with aug_match.