[augeas-devel] Weird print result with Perl bindings on amd64

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 22:15:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 20:24 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> GLib >= 2.3 has  thread-local  locale support
>
>   http://people.redhat.com/drepper/tllocale.ps.gz
>
> But i guess you care about non-Linux cruft too ;-P

Thanks for pointing that out - I had seen the *_l functions, but not
uselocale.

That would be the perfect way to solve this, but it's not available on
non-Linux platforms, and pretty much impossible to shoehorn in with
gnulib, since it would have to change how the native C library accesses
its locale data.

And a gnulib version of the *_l functions won't solve this particular
problem, since the locale-specific behavior happens in the guts of the
regex compiler.

Seems like spelling out character ranges is the only portable way to
achieve fixed C locale behavior.