[augeas-devel] Weird print result with Perl bindings on amd64

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Fri Jan 16 20:35:38 UTC 2009

David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com> writes:

>> I wonder why you apply the '-' operator to the regexes ?  (instead of
>> applying the '-' operator on the *results* of the the regexes)
>
> I don't understand what you mean. Can you give an example ?

Currently, '-' is applied to regex, the end result is a very complex
regular expression.

I was thinking about delaying the computation of '-' until you have
the actual string to test.

In other words, when you parse the file (or when you parse to tree to
write the file back), you would evaluate the lens in 2 separate regex
evaluations. In Perl notation, this would be like:

  $string =~ /[A-Za-z0-9]+/ and not  $string =~ /Match/

Is that possible ?

HTH