[augeas-devel] Re: New example at creating a lens

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Jul 15 17:30:02 UTC 2009

On Jul 15, 2009, at 1:20 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 13:53 +0200, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
>> This is not a great new idea of course, as I think that David always
>> intended to let the upstream devs of each program take care of the
>> lenses in the future, but I think that shipping them in each package
>> in Debian could be a first step towards this, as long as package
>> maintainers are willing to do it, and maintain them for the time
>> being.
>
> Yes, that's always been the long-term plan, and I think the long-
> term is
> now ;)

That starts to sound like a packaging problem imho ...

How do you wish lenses packaged? With RPM, you have essentially
the same chicken <-> egg problem that SELinux policy
is fighting, lenses within *.rpm payloads cannot be used
with helpers during the transaction that includes
the updated lenses.

73 de Jeff