[augeas-devel] augeas on AIX

Kristof Willaert kristof.willaert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:48:14 UTC 2009

Hi David,

[snip]

> Heh .. not sure what the right answer is; maybe conditionally switch
> between getopt and getopt_long depending on which one is available on a
> platform.

Maybe we could make a plea for a license change for the gnulib getopt module,
as you suggested earlier.

[snip]

> We had the same issue for OS/X, and the changes to configure.ac in 0.5.2
> _might_ just make it work with the AIX linker. If not, some more logic
> is needed around the setting of VERSION_SCRIPT_FLAGS in configure.ac

This worked. I used the AIX ld now, and it produced all the binaries.

>> > If you feel really adventurous and have a debugger handy, you might want
>> > to break on transform_load and step through it, in particular through
>> > filter_generate and load_file.
>>
>> Did that, output in attachment. But I am really not qualified to
>> interpret what gdb spits out.
>
> Unfortunately, that log doesn't tell me enough to see what's going on.
> If augtool segfaults on startup already, try the following:
>
>        > libtool --mode=execute gdb ./src/augtool
>        (gdb) run -I ./lenses quit
>        ... stuff happens, hopefully program will abort with a SEGV ..
>        (gdb) bt
>
> The backtrace should give some insight in what's happening.

The thing is, it doesn't segfault. It gives me no errors at all, but
the /files tree
is just empty (even now, with the new compile of 0.5.2 and native AIX ld).

Any suggestions (desperation setting in here :) ?

Kind regards,

kristof