[augeas-devel] sudoers lens not working

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:06:18 UTC 2009

2009/3/20 David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com>

> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 19:46 +0100, Raphaël Pinson wrote:
> > Ah, that's one of the syntaxes that made me not want to parse the
> > contents of Defaults further down... I had no clear idea of the way to
> > properly represent the "+=" in the tree.
>
> The way I did that in the xinetd lens is by creating subnodes to
> indicate what kind of operator was there, e.g. so that the following
> gets produced:
>
>  'var = value' => { "var" = "value" }
>  'var += value' => { "var" = "value" { "append" } }
>  'var -= value' => { "var" = "value" { "remove" } }

OK. That would have us parse the contents of each parameter in Defaults,
though, and in my man sudoers, I can count 31 flags, 1 integer, 4
integer/boolean, 10 strings, 17 strings/boolean, 3 lists/boolean.

That makes quite a bit of work, although it surely add nice functionality.

It could also make the lens much slower.

Raphaël