[augeas-devel] puppet provder not executing

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 12:24:56 UTC 2009

Micah Anderson wrote:
> I've got an augeas puppet definition for a new logrotate snippet, there
> currently is no /etc/logrotate.d/sympa, but I wish to create one with
> augeas. This works fine with augtool, however, puppet isn't applying it,
> nor am I seeing any info about why not. This is using puppet 0.24.8rc1.
>
> The puppet chunk is:
>
> augeas {
>     "logrotate_sympa":
>       context => "/files/etc/logrotate.d/sympa/rule",
>       changes => [ "set file /var/log/sympa/*.log", "set rotate 3",
>                    "set schedule weekly",
>                    "set compress compress", "set missingok missingok",
>                    "set ifempty notifempty",
>                    "set copytruncate copytruncate" ]
> }
>
> Running puppet with debug tells me:

The context is used to prepend part of the path to each line. My guess
is you do not want to set the context here, because what you are saying is:

set /files/etc/logrotate.d/sympa/rule/file to /var/log/sympa/*.log
set /files/etc/logrotate.d/sympa/rule/rotate to 3
etc...

My guess is these 2 sets effect differnt files. I would ditch the
context (or just set it to files).

-- bk