[augeas-devel] aug_lens_get

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 16:25:36 UTC 2009

Thank you for the comments.

Attached is a new iteration of the patch. It fixes the issue of reusing
the lens, puts the text into /text/$name, errors
into /augeas/text/$name/errors and fixes the coding style errors.

I left the code that adds the trailing newline if it's not there for now
- from the transform_load() code I got the impression that requiring a
trailing newline is kinda bad practice in the lens file, so it's not
something the user should take care of (i.e. the caller should not be
working around the lens file)..but if it's more like a requirement of
augeas (or rather the lens language) that the input string must conform
to, it probably is something the caller of aug_lens_get() should take
care of and I will respin the patch with this code out.

Thanks,
Jakub