[augeas-devel] [RFC] Ruby Augeas bindings using FFI

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 23:42:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 16:53 -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> I just submitted the ruby-ffi package for review [3]. I am happy to sit
> on these changes for now until I know I need them. They build and work.
> I will keep them up to date with the main ruby ones as necessary.

Cool .. this is probably as good as it gets for now. I'd love to switch
to that once we figure out how portable FFI bindings are.

I'd also be open to changing ruby-augeas so that it determines at build
time (or run time) whether to use FFI on a platform or the handwritten C
bindings, but I am not sure how much trouble that is.