[augeas-devel] Bash-like configs (for Arch Linux)

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:06:27 UTC 2009

I want to make some Arch Linux system configuration files accessible from
augeas. They are essentially bash shell-scripts, but can have arrays span
over several lines. So some new code is needed. At this time its very
unlikely that they are interested in distributing the files. Will you accept
a patch for this and include it in your tree?
I'm thinking a new file under lenses/dist called arch_scripts.aug or similar
(and tests ofc), using the lenses I can from the Shellvars module.

I also want to implement the files used for building packages. Same system
as above, but also has bash functions. These files can exist anywhere in the
system, but are always named "PKGBUILD" or "*.install". Often there are
hundreds of these, so I don't want them to be parsed on start-up. How do I
achieve this?

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com