[augeas-devel] Re: augeas compile on solaris failed

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 12:22:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 13:29 +0200, Dan Bode wrote:
> I can find a definition of stpncpy in the included gnulib/lib/string.h
> file, but I cannot find where the method is defined. Perhaps the
> installation assumes that this is installed as a part of the gnuutils
> on Solaris?

The problem is that I can't use the stpncpy module from gnulib, since
it's under an incompatible license (LGPL v3 vs. LGPLv2+)

I'll ask upstream if they'd consider relicensing it - otherwise, we'd
have to add our own implementation, which is roughly

        char *stpncpy(char *dest, const char *src, size_t n) {
          char *d = dest;
          while (d-dest < n && *src)
          return d;
        }