[augeas-devel] Transparent save of crossdev links

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 00:05:23 UTC 2009

This patch fixes everybody's favorite problem with updating /etc/grub.conf.

I feel that with this fixed we've exhausted all the places where we can
reasonably rename - any other rename failures can only be worked around by
copying. The $64k question is then if we should make copying the default if
rename fails with EXDEV, or still require that
/augeas/save/copy_if_rename_fails exists before falling back to copying.

Any opinions ?