[augeas-devel] (no subject)

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 19:40:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 23:30 -0400, Francis Giraldeau wrote:
> I would like to use the builtin function lens_atype mydel to get the
> abstract representation of a lens, but can't get it to work. Here is
> what I tried.
>
> module Test01 =
>   let mydel = del /[a]+/ "a"
>   let a = lens_format_atype mydel
>   let _ = print_endline a
>
> But I'm getting nothing on the stdout.

I assume you are using the augparse from git (since the one from 0.7.0
doesn't have the print_* primitives)

The reason you're not seeing anything is because the del lens has an
empty atype - its whole purpose is to swallow input strings and not
produce any trees. Try the above with a lens like '[ key /[a-z]+/ .
store /[0-9]+/ ]'

> Also, I can't figure out how to
> use lens_atype, because no print function takes a REGEXP as argument.

There's actually print_regexp[1], i.e.

        let l = [ key /[a-z]+/ ]
        let _ = print_regexp (lens_atype l); print_endline ""

will do that. The output isn't as pretty as from lens_format_atype
though.

David

[1] http://augeas.net/docs/builtins.html