[augeas-devel] Config-Model related project for GSoC 2010 (was Fwd: Welcome to our 2010 Debian Google Summer of Code students!)

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Mon Apr 26 20:25:19 UTC 2010

Hello

It's official: I'm going to mentor a project related to config-model (without
forgetting Augeas which might also be involved) this year:

== Content-aware Config Files Upgrading ==
by Krzysztof Tyszecki, mentored by Dominique Dumont

When a package deliver configuration files, the problem of merging
user data with new configuration instructions will arise during
package upgrades on users systems. Sometimes merging can be done with
3 way merge, but this process does not insure that the resulting file
is correct or even legal. This project intends to create standards,
tools and heuristics to make the scary config file conflict resolution
debconf prompt a thing of the past.

This is going to be an interesting summer ;-)

All the best

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/